Guest Coach Braatz has over 25 years of experience in coaching athletes. Braatz has achieved many goals in his rowing and coaching career.
• Coach Braatz established and coached the women's crew program at Santa Clara University in 1976.
• As head coach at Los Gatos Rowing Club, his competitive programs of junior and collegiate levels included athletes who won Olympic & World medals.
• He served as assistant athletic director at Stanford University, overseeing the men’s and women’s crew programs.
• “He is one of the most respected and highly thought of coaches in his sport." said Stanford Athletic Director Ted Leland.
• Coach Braatz successfully competed as an athlete in many sculling and sweep rowing events. His boats placed in many venues such as the Henley Royal Regatta, Nottingham International Regatta, US National Championship, Royal Canadian Henley Regatta, and the US Rowing Masters National Championships.
• He was chosen as Southwest Regional Coach of the Year in 1995.
Janeen Sonnad has been rowing for 15 years and an integral part of the Stockton Rowing Club family.
• She has served on the SRC Board during these 15 years in several different positions, including President.
•Janeen has coached our Taste of Rowing sessions, Learn to Rows and Sculling Clinics for a number of years.
• She has also mentored previous Junior coaches and athletes.
•Janeen has a passion for rowing which includes sharing her love of this sport with others.